The one-day blogging intermediate training helps you go further in the world of blogging. You’ll learn in-depth tips and tricks for using blog software, and we’ll cover clever tools that help you and your readers. You’ll have the opportunity to plan and outline different posts for your blog. You’ll learn how to grow your readership and your blogging network, including getting the attention of influential bloggers.
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of blogging software and strategy. You may like to take our introduction course.
Intermediate blogging workshops
Currently we’re not running London blogging workshops but please contact us if you are interested in onsite blogging training.
Pick your course format
Open public courses only £350
- Small class sizes. Max 8, average 4.
- Central London location.
- Arrive: 09:15. Finish: 17:00.
- Lunch and tea/coffee included.
On-site training from £600
- One-to-one or one-to-group.
- At your office or a convenient location.
- Personalised and 100% of our attention.
- Just for you or your company.
- Discussion of your blogging experience and goals – this means we can ensure that the day fits your needs
- Recap of why blogs are a powerful, important tool – and why they’re worth your time and energy
- Where to install / host your blog – and why it needs to be on the same domain as your main site
- Using different post and page templates – so you have full control over how your blog looks (note: our examples and exercises use WordPress, but if your blog runs on a different platform, you can easily adapt our instructions for its features)
- Using Google+ for author markup – to help your blog posts look more attractive in Google’s search results and gain more click-through traffic
- Creating your own widgets – we’ll show you how to add Facebook and Twitter’s “like” and “follow” buttons to your site
- Installing useful plugins – to help you plan your content ahead of time, backup your blog, and handle SEO
- Helping readers navigate your blog – so that your older content still gets read
- Using advanced post structures – to create engaging content for your readers
- Planning blog content in advance – we’ll take you through different techniques to use, and you’ll have the opportunity to plan out several blog posts
- Planning and structuring your blog posts – we’ll take you through three basic post structures that you can use again and again
- Developing your writing style and voice – bland, generic-sounding content doesn’t keep readers coming back for more
- Editing your blog posts (or your colleague’s) – a checklist of what you need to look out for
- Identifying influential bloggers in your field – and getting their attention, in a positive way
- Using Twitter to build relationships – so you can get your message out there
- Writing guest posts – gaining great SEO benefits, and bringing in targeted traffic to your blog
- Being consistent – committing to regular posts so readers know what to expect
- Rewarding loyal readers – so that they continue to stick around
- Offering exclusive deals on your blog – to make readers feel important
- Planning where to go next – so that you know you can implement what you’ve learned
- Your personal “aha” moments – capture your ideas, and get inspired by other attendees’ ideas too
Who is this course for?
You might be part of a huge brand or a small business: either way, developing your blogging skills will take your company further. Although we assume that you know the basics and you’ve written a blog post or two in the past, we keep things straightforward. Our step-by-step approach helps you build on what you already know in order to take your blog further – even if you don’t have much time.
If you’re new to blogging, you might prefer to take our blogging introduction training – this will get you up to speed with all the basics. Our course dates are designed so that you can easily book your place on an introduction course followed by an intermediate course (usually the following day, sometimes the following week).
Key learning outcomes
- Understand how to build stronger relationships with your customers (and potential customers) through your blog
- Gain confidence and skill with the technology of blogging, to help you work more effectively
- Learn advanced post structures structures and develop your planning, writing and editing skills
- Know how to reach out to influential bloggers and build your network, for faster results
About the trainer
Ali Luke is a highly experienced blogger, and writes for several major sites (including ProBlogger, Copyblogger, and Daily Blog Tips). She has spoken twice at BlogWorld (now New Media Expo), a major conference for the blogging industry. She has a degree in English from Cambridge University, and an MA in Creative and Life Writing from Goldsmiths College, University of London.
Why choose us?
- We write for major blogs
- Trainer speaks at BlogWorld expo
- Trainer is For Dummies author
- London, UK and European training
- Flexibility: open-public or tailored
- Lots of happy clients (big & small)